Personal Information We Collect
A. Actively Collected Information
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse the Site. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to register as a user of the Site or to contact us through the Site with questions or comments. This information may include your: name, title, email address, postal address, telephone number, facsimile number, company name, and any other information you voluntarily provide. If you communicate with us by email, we may collect your email address and any other information you voluntarily provide.
B. Passively Collected Information
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means, including:
- Log Information. When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to calculate Site usage levels, to diagnose server problems, to administer the Site, and to improve the quality of the Site.
- Links. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology and customized content.
- Google Analytics. We will use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather statistics on portions of the Site. We will use the information gathered to improve the Site. According to Google, Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of important data about how users use the Site. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to the Site’s website domain(s), and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior through the Site. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google’s web site.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information we collect through the Site:
- To administer the Site;
- To respond to your emails or other inquiries or requests;
- To help improve the Site and our services;
- To develop new services;
- To customize your experience at the Site;
- For auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services;
- For market research and analytics;
- To address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity or other legal process;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of inVentiv Health Research & Insights, Site users, or others;
- To contact you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about the Site or our services and those of our affiliates;
- To ensure the technical functioning of our network and correct any technical problems or malfunctions;
- To compile personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis; and
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. These services may include website hosting and maintenance services. We may share personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Marketing. We enter into marketing relationships with third parties, such as mail houses and third party research services. We may share personal information or any other information collected through the Site with those marketing partners, who perform marketing or promotional activities on our behalf
- Enforcement. We may disclose personal information if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is appropriate or necessary to protect against potential liability; to protect inVentiv Health Research & Insights from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses of the Site; to investigate and defend inVentiv Health Research & Insights against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of inVentiv Health Research & Insights, Site users, or others.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information to third parties who acquire all or a portion of inVentiv Health Research & Insight’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Public Information. Note that any information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Site, if available, becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board, chat area or other public area of the Site. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Site may be shared by us with others.
A. Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information through the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, your access to certain portions of the Site may be limited.
B. Communications From Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Site, you may indicate this preference by submitting the Contact Form located at www.encuity.com/contact.
C. Updating Information
We encourage registered users of the Site to keep their personal information current. You may change personal information you have provided about you by submitting the
Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. The Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided through the Site. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below..
A Special Note About Children
The Site is neither designed nor intended to attract children under the age of 13, and we do not collect personal information from any individual who we actually know is under the age of 13. We ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us.
Special Admonitions for International Use
The owner of the Site is based in the State of North Carolina in the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. If you are located outside the United States and you contact us or provide information through the Site, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States, and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.